Terms of Service
Chapter 1. General rules
Article 1. (Purpose)
The purpose of this Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Terms’) is to define the rights and obligations between users of the Internet and mobile services [This refers to all services provided by the company using the ‘Tripbtoz’ and ‘TTBB (Trip&Travel, Better&Beyond)’ brands. Hereinafter, it is referred to as ‘service’, and the services provided by each brand are referred to as ‘Tripbtoz service’ and ‘TTBB service’] provided by Tripbtoz, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the 'Company') and the company.
Article 2. (Effect)
The contents of the Terms become effective as soon as the user agrees to it.
Article 3. (Changes in Terms and Conditions and Matters Not Listed)
1. The company may change the Terms within the scope of not violating the relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea. In this case, the company specifies the date of application and the reason for the revision, and announces it on the initial screen of the site along with the current Terms from at least 7 days before the date of application to the day before the date of application. However, if changes are made that significantly affect the rights of users, they will be notified 30 days prior to the effective date.
2. If a user continues to use the service after the application date announced in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the user is deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms and conditions. However, members who do not agree to the revised Terms and conditions can freely terminate the service use contract at any time.
3. Matters not specified in these Terms shall be applied and interpreted in accordance with the other Terms and conditions notified by the company within the service, and in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea and the order of commercial practices. In this case, the original purpose of the travel product and service shall be considered.
Article 4 (Definition of Terms)
The definitions of terms used in these Terms are as follows.
1. User: A member or non-member who receives service from the company according to the Terms.
2. Member: An individual or group that has obtained a membership number (ID) by subscribing to the service.
3. Member number (ID): A member identification value that is a combination of letters and numbers determined by the member and approved by the company in order to sign up for the service.
4. Customer: A user who purchases a travel product using the company's service.
5. Travel products: Products that are provided by a person other than the company through the company's services, such as hotels, activities, and car rentals, which are the objects of reservation agency services provided by the company to users.
6. Service: The following internet and mobile services provided by the company using the ‘Tripbtoz’ or ‘TTBB (Trip&Travel, Better&Beyond)’ brands.
a. A service that provides various contents based on search and community functions through the Internet
b. Brokerage and transaction service of travel products through the Internet
c. Internet billing and payment agency service
d. All services provided to users through additional development by other companies or partnership agreements with other companies (However, the scope of services provided by the company in relation to the use of travel products is limited to the business of acting as an agent or mediating the conclusion of travel product use contracts between users and travel product providers as parties).
7. Payment Deadline: The expiration date of the deadline for payment of the reservation after confirming the travel product reservation.
8. Cancellation Deadline: The expiration date of the deadline for changing or canceling the transaction without penalty after paying for the travel product.
9. Invoice: A document issued by the company to confirm the customer's reservation status and purchase price.
10. Voucher: A document issued by the company for confirmation of reservation and proof of payment when the customer completes payment.
11. Book out: When the travel product for which the customer has completed payment becomes unavailable due to the circumstances of the travel product provider.
12. No Show: When the customer does not show up at the place where the travel product is used (e.g. airport boarding gate, hotel, etc.) by the time reserved without canceling the reservation.
13. TripCash: A payment method equivalent to cash that can be used as a payment method when a member purchases travel products through the service.
14. Coupon: A means by which a member can receive a certain percentage discount when purchasing travel products through the service (regardless of form, such as online, mobile, and offline).
15. Content: All materials posted by members in the service in any form, such as language, photos, pictures, videos, etc., for any purpose, such as reviews, opinions, entertainment, etc.
Chapter 2. Service Usage Agreement
Article 5 (Conclusion of contract of use through membership registration)
2. Membership registration is also possible through linkage with Kakao, Naver, Google, Facebook, Apple ID, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “SNS, etc.”). At this time, the member is deemed to have granted the company permission to link with each SNS account.
Article 6 (Change of member information)
1. Members can view their personal information at any time through the profile editing screen, and can modify the rest of their personal information except for their membership number (ID).
2. If the information entered at the time of membership application is changed, the member must revise it online or notify the company of the change by e-mail or other means. The company is not responsible for any disadvantages caused by not notifying the company of changes.
Article 7 (Obligations of Users and Members)
1. A person who intends to sign up as a member to use the service must provide the personal information requested by the company. The company has an obligation to protect personal information provided in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
2. Users must comply with the Terms of service and related laws.
3. Users cannot use another person's account without permission, and must provide accurate and complete information when opening an account. The member information entered by the member in the membership application form is regarded as the member's actual information.
4. The company may not accept the membership application of a member who falls under any of the following reasons, or may unilaterally terminate the service use contract afterwards.
a. If the name of the member who applied is not a real name
b. If you applied using someone else's name
c. In the event that the application for membership is falsely entered
d. If a person under the age of 14 does not obtain the consent of a legal representative or applies for membership with false consent
e. When there is an order from a court or administrative agency
f. If it is suspected that the application was made for the purpose of hindering social well-being and order or morals
g. If the applicant for membership is concerned that the interests of the company will be infringed
h. Other cases where the application for membership is contrary to sound social norms
i. In case other similar reasons exist or are confirmed to exist
5. If the information entered at the time of membership application is changed, the member must immediately revise or notify the company, and the company is not responsible for any problems arising from failure to do so.
Article 8 (Management of membership number and password)
1. Members must ensure that their membership number (ID) and password are not leaked. If the member number (ID) and password are leaked due to the member's negligence in managing the member number (ID) and password, or a third party illegally uses the leaked member number (ID) and password, the company is not responsible for any consequences arising therefrom.
2. If a member violates the management obligations pursuant to the preceding paragraph and his or her membership number (ID) and password are leaked, the company must be immediately notified of the fact so that action can be taken. The company is not responsible for the consequences of the member not notifying it.
3. Membership number (ID) cannot be changed after membership registration.
Article 9 (Service Usage Hours)
1. In principle, the service is provided 24 hours a day, 24 hours a day. However, the use of the company's customer service center is limited to the company's business hours.
2. In the case of each of the following subparagraphs, the company may limit or suspend some or all of the services.
a. National emergency, natural disaster
b. When maintenance, regular inspection, upgrade, etc. of equipment necessary to provide service is required
c. In case telecommunications service is stopped by key telecommunications service provider stipulated in the Telecommunications Business Act (facility failure of hosting server, failure of DNS, etc. may occur)
d. In the event that normal service provision is disrupted due to power outage, excessive use of service, etc.
e. When hacking attacks from outside or service use is interrupted by users or third parties
f. In the event of an unexpected technical problem with the company server
g. In case the service cannot be maintained due to the termination of the contract with the service provider
h. Other reasons corresponding to subparagraphs a through g
3. In the case of the preceding paragraph, the company shall notify in advance. However, if it is due to reasons beyond the control of the company, it shall be notified without delay after the fact.
Chapter 3. Travel product reservation service
Article 10 (Establishment of Reservation Agency Agreement and its contents)
1. If a user agrees to these Terms, reads the product information posted on the travel product sales page, and requests the company to book the travel product as an agent, the reservation agent agreement is established by the company accepting this.
2. The contents of the service provided by the company according to the travel product reservation agent agreement are limited to the reservation agency work for travel products such as hotels and activities provided by the travel product supplier, not by the company.
3. Details of travel products are as specified on the sales page of each travel product provided. This is the information provided by the travel product supplier, and the company does not guarantee the accuracy, truthfulness, quality, etc. of the contents, and is not responsible for defects in the travel product itself (e.g., parts that differed from the travel product information) other than the service in the preceding paragraph.
4. Minors must obtain the consent of their legal representative. If the consent of the legal representative is not obtained, the minor or the legal representative may cancel the contract.
5. In each of the following cases, the company may not accept the user's request for use of travel products.
a. If there is falsehood, omission, or typo in the application details
b. If a minor has not obtained consent from a legal representative
c. Violation of related laws and government guidelines
d. In case it is judged that accepting the user's application is significantly impeding the company's business or technology
6. Matters not stipulated in these Terms in relation to travel product reservation agency or content that conflicts with these Terms, the contents specified on each travel product sales page take precedence.
Article 11 (Procedure of Reservation Agency Application)
1. Reservation agency procedure is made according to the following.
a. Reservation request: Users request travel product reservations through the company website or customer service center.
b. Confirmation of reservation: The reservation is confirmed when the user pays the purchase price for the travel product requested by the company for reservation. To this end, the company may issue an invoice to the user.
c. Payment and issuance of voucher: When a user pays the price for a travel product to the company by the payment deadline, the user becomes a customer of the travel product. The company issues a voucher or e-ticket to the customer.
2. When requesting an agency reservation pursuant to Paragraph 1, personal information (name, date of birth, contact information, etc.) necessary for the agency reservation service must be provided to the company. The company is not responsible for any damages to the customer caused by not providing it or providing it incorrectly.
3. Even after ‘the confirmation’ in Paragraph 1, it may become impossible to provide travel products due to circumstances of the travel product supplier, in this case the company will notify the customer without delay.
4. The price of travel products guided by the company may differ at the time of user's travel product search, reservation, and payment due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Article 12 (Reservation Fee and Payment)
1. In principle, the reservation price is the amount indicated on the invoice.
2. The invoice in the preceding paragraph shall state the total amount to be paid by the customer to the company in order to reserve the travel product, including the price of the reserved travel product, various taxes, handling fees, etc. In the case of some travel destinations however, additional taxes, quasi-taxes, and admission fees may be incurred due to the relevant country's laws or commercial customs .
3. The customer must pay using the payment method suggested by the company, and the company complies with the relevant laws and regulations.
4. The customer must complete the payment by the payment deadline for the travel product, otherwise the reservation is automatically canceled.
5. In the case of special reservations set by the company, the payment deadline and contract conditions are subject to separate guidance or special regulations.
6. The company must transmit the user's personal information, reservation information, and payment information safely over the network by protecting it through security functions.
7. The company issues a receipt to the customer who has paid the reservation price.
8. Tax invoices according to the Value Added Tax Act are not issued for the payment of the reservation price.
Article 13 (Voucher or e-ticket)
1. Customers can receive a voucher through the company's service or customer service center after paying for the reservation.
2. Customers who have been issued a voucher from the company must keep the voucher under their responsibility.
3. If a customer is asked to present a voucher when using a reserved travel product, the customer must present the voucher. The company does not take any responsibility for any problems caused by not fulfilling this.
4. If the customer or a third party intentionally or negligently forged or altered the voucher after the company issued the voucher, the company shall not be held liable for any problems arising therefrom.
5. If the user's right to use information and the information recorded in the company's service are different, the information recorded in the company's service is assumed to be genuine.
Article 14 (Prohibition of Transfer, etc.)
The right to use travel products acquired through the company can be exercised only by the user notified at the time of reservation, and the right cannot be transferred to another person.
Article 15 (Cancellation of Reservation)
1. If a customer wishes to cancel a completed reservation, he/she must make a request through the company's service or make a direct request to the company's customer service center during company business hours. Requests for cancellation of reservations made directly to the travel product supplier without going through the company will not be accepted as a cancellation request.
2. When a customer makes a reservation request, the company must notify the cancellation deadline and related regulations such as penalty, and the user must be aware of the cancellation deadline notified on the reservation page. Cancellation deadlines may vary by travel product. If the cancellation deadline falls on holiday, cancellation must be made by the business day before the cancellation deadline, and cancellation fees will be incurred from the day following the cancellation deadline.
Article 16 (Reservation change)
1. If a customer wants to change a completed reservation, the customer must make a request through the company's service or make a request directly to the company's customer service center during the company's business hours. Requests to change reservations directly to the travel product supplier without going through the company will not be recognized as a request for the change.
2. If a customer directly requests a change of reservation to the travel product provider, conditions different from those applied at the time of reservation through the company may apply, and the company is not responsible for the customer's damages (e.g. additional payment) resulting therefrom.
3. If you want to change your reservation, it must be done by the cancellation deadline of your reservation. From the day after the cancellation deadline, cancellation fees will be charged for the change.
4. When it is impossible to change an existing reservation, creating a new reservation under the same conditions can also be considered a reservation change. In this case, the company’s prior written consent must be obtained.
Article 17 (Cancellation penalty)
1. If the customer cancels the reservation past the cancellation deadline, a penalty will be charged.
2. Cancellation penalties may vary for each travel product, and the company must notify the customer of cancellation rules and cancellation penalties. Customers can check the cancellation penalty by contacting the company before canceling the reservation.
Article 18 (Refund)
1. If the customer cancels the reservation by the cancellation deadline, the approved payment will be refunded by credit card company. Depending on the payment date of the credit card used for payment, cancellation may be processed in the month following the month in which payment was made. Cancellation of payment approval can be confirmed within 10 business days.
2. If the customer cancels the reservation after the cancellation deadline, the company implements the refund procedure as follows.
a. The remaining amount excluding the cancellation penalty and remittance fee will be refunded.
b. Depending on the circumstances of the company or the customer, refunds may be made in other ways under prior written agreement between the company and the customer.
3. This Article shall apply even if the customer changes the reservation in accordance with Article 16 and the company creates a difference to be refunded to the customer.
Chapter 4. Use of travel products
Article 20 (Time to use travel products)
1. Customers must abide by the reserved time to use travel products (e.g. hotel check-in time, rental car pick-up time, etc.), and the company is not responsible for any damages caused by not observing it.
2. If the time to start using travel products is delayed, the customer must notify the company in advance. In this case, the company does not guarantee the normal use of travel products by the customer.
3. Depending on the laws and regulations of the travel destination and the characteristics of travel products, it may be necessary to present a passport and prepare related records, and the customer must comply with them.
4. Customers may be required to present a credit card or deposit cash as a deposit according to the policy of each individual hotel upon check-in. Upon check-out from the hotel, the hotel may destroy, return, or process payment through the customer identification process. The company is not responsible for the hotel's guarantee request, cancellation, return, and payment processing of the guarantee.
5. Customers must pay for services additionally used by the customer on-site while using travel products. (e.g. extended check-out, use of minibar, use of additional hotel facilities, meal costs, telephone, Internet, TV charges, etc.)
6. Depending on the travel region and type of travel product, the method of using the travel product may differ. (For example: The type of bed in a hotel room for two persons (double room) can be served to double bed or twin bed depending on the situation. Hotel class regulations and check-in/check-out times may differ from country to country).
Article 21 (No Show)
If a no-show occurs because the customer does not cancel or change the reservation in advance and does not observe the reserved time, the company will not refund any amount to the customer.
Chapter 5. Content
Article 22 (Content copyright, etc.)
1. When a member posts any material (hereinafter referred to as 'content') in the service, regardless of its form, such as language, photos, pictures, videos, reviews, opinions, entertainment, etc., copyright and other intellectual property rights for the content belong to the author who posted the content.
2. Members are deemed to have agreed to the following by posting content on the service.
a. Members grant the company the right to use(including utilization, disclosure, broadcasting, advertising, publication, reproduction, performance, public transmission, exhibition, distribution, rental, and secondary work creation) some or all of the content (and its derivative works) in connection with the service and business worldwide, non-exclusively, free of charge, for commercial or non-commercial purposes, for an unlimited period of time and number of times, and agrees to transfer it.
b. If the member's portrait is included in the content posted by the member, the member agrees to use the member's portrait as the company uses the content in the manner described in the preceding paragraph.
c. The member agrees not to assert or exercise any rights, including moral rights, against the company when the company uses the contents in accordance with the preceding sub paragraph.
Article 23 (Use of Content)
1. Members may post content, including videos and members' opinions (reviews, opinions, comments, etc.) on the service to the extent that it does not violate these Terms, various policies announced by the company within the service, and other related laws.
2. If a member posts the work or portrait of another person in violation of the preceding paragraph without the permission of the other person or commits any other similar act, the company is exempted from any related legal disputes.
3. By posting content on the service, members are deemed to have given permission for other members to view or use the content for non-commercial or non-commercial purposes.
4. Posts posted by members within the service may be exposed to search results, events or promotions within the service, and may be partially modified, reproduced, edited, and posted to the extent necessary for such exposure.
5. Members must not engage in any of the following acts.
a. In the case of content that slanders or damages the honor of other members or third parties
b. If the content violates public order and morals
c. If the content is suspected of contributing to criminal activity
d. If the content infringes other rights such as copyrights of third parties
e. In case the posting period stipulated by the company is exceeded
f. In the case of posting content that is not related to the topic of the bulletin board
g. If the content is intended to harm the company
h. If the advertisement is not permitted by the company or if it is suspected to have been posted for the purpose of benefiting a company in competition with the company
i. If it is judged to be in violation of policies, related laws, or social norms, such as these Terms and other Terms and conditions notified by the company within the service
j. Other similar cases
Article 24 (Suspension of Service Provision)
In the event of any of the grounds falling under the sub paragraphs of paragraph (5) of the preceding Article, the company may delete the relevant content without prior notice or restrict the use of all or part of service to the relevant member.
Chapter 6. TripCash and Coupons
Article 25 (TripCash)
1. TripCash refers to a payment method equivalent to cash that can be used as a payment method when a member purchases travel products through the service.
2. Specific details regarding TripCash, such as accumulation criteria, conditions of use, expiration date, and restrictions, are subject to ‘TripCash and Coupon Policy’ posted separately on the service screen.
Article 26 (Coupon)
1. A coupon refers to a means by which a member can receive a certain percentage discount when purchasing travel products through the service.
2. Details regarding coupon payment criteria, conditions of use, expiration date, restrictions, etc. are subject to ‘TripCash and Coupon Policy’ posted separately on the service screen.
Article 27 (Matters not specified in the Terms, etc.)
1. Matters not specified in these Terms shall be governed by the TripCash and Coupon policies posted within the service (hereinafter referred to as “Policy”), and in case of conflict with these Terms, the contents of the policy shall take precedence.
2. If the company provides trip cash, coupons, or other products through promotions, events, etc. for a limited period of time, the contents of the promotions, events, etc. take precedence.
3. If there are matters not specified in the promotion, event, etc. in the preceding paragraph, the policy and the Terms will be applied in order.
Chapter 7. Responsibilities
Article 28 (Obligations of the company)
1. The company diligently performs service provision tasks.
2. The company is obliged to provide services continuously and reliably as stipulated in the Terms.
4. In the event that a member suffers damages due to the services provided by the company, the company will be liable only if such damages are caused by the company's intention or negligence, and the scope of the liability is limited to ordinary damages.
Article 29 (Obligations of Users)
1. Users must comply with these Terms, and read and understand the notices and precautions for the company's services.
2. Users must not engage in any of the following acts while using the service, and the company is not responsible for any problems arising from violating them.
a. The act of using someone else's personal information.
b. Providing information obtained from the service to newspapers, broadcasting, publications, Internet and other media for purposes other than using the service without the consent of the company.
c. An act of violating copyright or other rights of a third party.
d. Distributing content that violates public order and morals to others.
e. An act that can be objectively suspected to be a criminal act.
f. Commercial activities not approved by the company.
g. An act that violates the Terms and conditions, related laws or social norms.
h. An act of using the service for commercial purposes without the consent of the company.
i. An act of posting or sending e-mails by impersonating or impersonating a company employee or service manager, or by stealing someone else's name.
j. An act of registering or distributing computer viruses, other computer codes, files, or program data that cause malfunction of facilities related to the service or destruction or confusion of information.
k. An act of entering, registering, or transmitting false information in the process of using the service, such as changing service application or self-certification.
l. Stealing another member's ID and password to use the service unfairly or stealing information.
m. Other similar acts
3. Members cannot transfer or bestow the right to use the service or the position of the service usage contracts to another person, and cannot provide it as collateral.
Article 30 (Termination of Contract and Restrictions on Service Use)
1. Members may request withdrawal from the service (termination of the service use contract) at any time to the company. However, unless there are special circumstances, members cannot apply for cancellation through the company's customer service center.
2. If a member withdraws or the use contract is terminated by the company, all information of the member, including the member's basic information and accumulated TripCash, will be deleted and cannot be recovered. However, contents posted by members to the company, TripTalk posts, and comment information are not deleted. In this case, the content is marked as a “withdrawal user” and provided.
3. If a member violates the service usage policy, all the Terms and conditions, related laws or social norms set by the company, including these Terms, the company may immediately terminate the use contract or limit the use by setting a period without prior notice.
4. Members may file an objection to the company regarding the use of the service in accordance with the preceding paragraph, and the company will immediately resume using the service if the objection is justified.
5. If a member has not used the service for more than one year, the company may take necessary measures in accordance with the ‘Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection’, and may restrict use for the protection of member information and operational efficiency.
Article 31 (Usage Restriction Procedures and Cancellation)
1. If the company suspends the provision of services to members in accordance with the provisions of Article 30, Paragraph 3, it will be stopped first without prior notice, and the member or his agent will be notified of the fact afterwards. However, if it is necessary to suspend use urgently due to damage to the company's business, technical problems, national and social confusion, natural disasters, human casualties, etc., it may not be notified.
2. Users or their agents who have received the notice in the preceding paragraph may file an objection to the company if they have an objection to the notice.
3. Even if there is a reason for the objection in the preceding paragraph, the company may maintain the suspension of service provision for a period necessary to verify the facts regarding the reason for the objection.
4. If the company confirms that the reason for suspension has been corrected after the suspension of service provision, the company immediately cancels the suspension of service provision.
5. The company is not responsible for damages to users due to suspension of use in accordance with this Article.
Article 32 (Notification to Members)
1. The company may notify the members of the rights and obligations necessary for using the service through e-mail or other contact information provided by the member to the company.
2. In the case of notification to unspecified members, the company can substitute individual notification by posting on the service.
Chapter 8. Indemnity and Disclaimer
Article 33 (Compensation for damages)
1. The company compensates for damages directly caused to the customer due to reasons attributable to the company within limits of the amount paid by the customer to the company.
2. The company is not responsible for damages caused by acts of third parties other than the company, such as travel product suppliers.
3. The company is not responsible for damages caused to users due to the use of the service provided free of charge.
Article 34 (Disclaimer)
1. The company is exempted from the obligation to provide services if it is unable to provide services due to natural disasters, strikes, or equivalent force majeure circumstances.
2. The company is not responsible for service failures caused by reasons attributable to users.
3. The company does not guarantee the reliability and accuracy of the contents, such as information, data, facts, etc., created by users and posted on the service, and the company is not responsible for any damages caused to users due to trust in the content.
4. The company shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages incurred by the customer due to the difference between the travel product information provided to the user by the travel product supplier and the actual travel product information.
5. The company has no obligation to intervene in disputes between members or between a member and a third party through the service, and is not responsible for any damages caused therefrom.
6. The company has no obligation to monitor the content and quality of products or services advertised by third parties through the screens within the service or linked websites, and does not bear any responsibility therefor.
7. The company shall not be liable for damages arising from the following items unless there is intentional or gross negligence on the part of the company, its executives and employees, and its agents.
a. Damages caused by false or inaccurate member information.
b. Personal damages incurred in the process of accessing and using the service.
c. Damages arising from any illegal access by a third party to the server or illegal use of the server.
d. Damages arising from any unlawful hindrance or interruption of any transmission to or from the server by a third party.
e. Any damage caused by viruses, spyware, and other malicious programs that are illegally transmitted, distributed, or allowed to be transmitted or distributed by a third party using the service.
f. Damages caused by errors, omissions, omissions, destruction, etc. of transmitted data.
g. Various civil and criminal responsibilities due to defamation and other illegal acts that occur in the process of registering member status information between members and using services.
Article 35 (Partial Invalidation)
If any part of the Terms is invalid pursuant to a court decision or law, that provision will be deleted from these Terms without affecting the other provisions, and the provisions of the Terms other than the deleted provisions will remain valid and enforceable.
Article 36 (Competent Court)
If a lawsuit is filed regarding a dispute arising from the use of the service, the Seoul Central District Court shall be the competent court.
These Terms will be effective from November 30, 2022, the date of announcement.
Revision date: November 30, 2022